Saturday, August 31, 2013

Challenge #1: 30 Day VEGAN CHALLENGE! ( i'm so sorry bacon, i still love you! )

What is your definition of the word "luxury"? 
It's an interesting question, because everyone has a different answer.
 As I chilled outside on the patio this evening with this glorious salad, I asked myself this question, and  thought to myself... WOW. Now this IS the ultimate luxury! To have every beautiful, organic, wholesome fruit and vegetable I could ever want - at my fingertips! So many people do not have acess to these basic, yet powerfully nutritious foods. Instead they have to settle for refined, processed foods that only harm their bodies. I am so grateful that I'm blessed enough to have acsess to these foods, that I think it's about time that I start taking full advantage of them, and teach myself to really.. I mean REALLY appreciate it.

That's why for the next 30 days I'm going to eat completely 100% Vegan. Purely fruits, vegetables, greens, beans, and nuts. No processed foods, dairy products, meats, or breads. I really think this will be a turning point for me, in being more conscious about the quality of the foods I consume, and my general overall health. 
I think this is a fabulous way to start off my Gap Year.. what greater a learning experience could there be!? 

- Gapyeargal :-)


3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'd ever be able to do this. I can't wait to see how it works out for you. Maybe you'll show me how easy it can be and I'll try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Faith, I felt the same way! But I think the best strategy is just to dive right in.. I'm only a day into doing this, but It hasn't been overwhelmingly difficult.. I have actually enjoyed my limited options so far-it's forced me to be more creative with my meals! I'll have you over to make a vegan dinner with me sometime, hows that sound?

      Delete
    2. That sounds awesome! I'd love to on some weekend when I have nothing planned at all.

      Delete